Shake Shack will finally make its debut in Bonifacio Global City, Manila on May 10 featuring items only found in the Philippine outlet.
“As we spent time exploring the unique and eclectic landscape that is Filipino cuisine, we were inspired by the flavors and artisans we met along the way and by the food that they’re passionate about,” says Shake Shack culinary director Mark Rosati. “From halo-halo, lechon, adobo and garlic rice to calamansi and ube in every imaginable form, Manila is serious about its love for great food and ingredients. We’re thrilled to introduce our Manila-exclusive menu that features just a few of the flavors and ingredients we fell in love with, and are humbled to become part of this vibrant community.”
As a nod to its Philippine launch, Shake Shack’s Manila-exclusive menu will feature the following:
- The Ube Shake, a hand-spun and to-order vanilla frozen custard ice cream blended with ube
- The Calamansi Limeade, a version of the classic lemonade using calamansi
- Uuuube-by Baby, the first of three “concretes” or frozen custard ice cream blended with mix-ins; this iteration consists of vanilla custard mixed with ube, coconut marshmallow, ube cookie, toasted coconut, crispy pinipig, and leche flan
- Shack Attack, a chocolate custard mixed with Bucky’s original brownies, 55 percent cacao chocolate chunks from Auro Chocolate, Shack fudge sauce, and chocolate sprinkles.
- Calamansi Pie Oh My, a vanilla custard mixed with calamansi pie from Wildflour Bakery
In keeping with the company’s mission to Stand for Something Good, five percent of sales from the Pie Oh My concrete will go to Children’s Hour, an organization that supports projects on education, health and nutrition, and child welfare and development for Filipino children in need.
Shake Shack has also partnered with Hope in a Bottle to offer Shack2O bottled water in which 100 percent of Hope’s profits will go to building public school classrooms.
The Manila menu will also feature Shake Shack’s signature items including the ShackBurger, Shack-cago Dog, classic crinkle-cut fries, craft beer from local Engkanto Brewery and Monkey Eagle, Shack Red and White wine, and frozen custard ice cream.
“We’re thrilled to bring the Shake Shack experience to the Filipino community, and are proud of the company’s mission to ‘Stand for Something Good.’ Our burgers and hot dogs use 100 percent all-natural beef, free of hormones and antibiotics, non-GMO potato buns. The custard is also made from real sugar, no corn syrup, and milk from dairy farmers who pledge not to use artificial growth hormones,” says Anton Huang, SSI Group president.
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter to receive all the tools and solutions entrepreneurs need to stay updated on the latest news in the industry