Victory Liner recently released a new service called Rent and Go, which provides buses for rent to companies with employees who live within the same city or municipality as their office.
According to Victory Liner’s Facebook page, this service will abide by the public transportation protocols released by the Department of Transportation (DOTr) such as safe social distancing in public utility vehicles (PUVs). These protocols will apply to PUVs operating under the general community quarantine and are as follows:
- All permitted PUVs, transport terminals and operators must follow three essential components dictated in the protocol/guidelines—safety, capacity and coverage/scope.
- Safety refers to guidelines that reduce contact, transmission, and spread of the virus through the mandatory use of face masks and gloves for drivers. Thorough disinfecting practices of vehicles, terminals, and even among passengers are also required.
- Capacity and passenger load factors will be required for each mode of transportation to ensure that physical distancing is followed.
- Passenger load for public utility buses (PUBs) and public utility jeepneys (PUJs) should not exceed 50 percent or half of the vehicle’s capacity, excluding driver and conductor.
- The mode of PUV that will operate in each route in the GCQ areas will be guided by the number of passengers that will be transported.
- PUVs with higher passenger capacity such as buses will be prioritized consistent with the Department Order No. 2017-011. In areas where buses are not enough to serve the actual passenger demand, or the road characteristics will not permit their operations, PUVMP compliant PUVs are the next priority. In areas with unavailable buses and modern PUVs, PUJ’s and UV Express may operate. In areas where no other mode of public transportation is available, tricycles may be permitted to operate as determined by the Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board (LTFRB) in coordination with the corresponding local government unit (LGU).
- The LTFRB has already finalized the mechanism for issuing special permits to allow PUVs to operate. Drivers and operators may apply for the permit, free of charge, through LTFRB offices or by email through LTFRB’s online channels.
- Private vehicle owners, PUV drivers and operators, and private or public transport terminal operators who violate the guidelines will be sanctioned and penalized.
For interested companies, inquiries should be sent to the following details: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter to receive all the tools and solutions entrepreneurs need to stay updated on the latest news in the industry