The “BER” months are here, and the upcoming holiday season calls for a little variety in the dishes best to have during dinners and celebrations—small or big.
Whether it’s cooking for a small batch for your upcoming venture or looking for new dishes to add to your food business, knowing a quick recipe or two to whip up in a few hours will always come in handy.
Here, we have collected some of the trendiest and most classic recipes you can best serve for any occasion:
Fried chicken fingers mayo
Adding a little twist to the all-time favorite fried chicken fingers, this fried chicken fingers mayo recipe highlights its special dip that might make you ask for that extra cup of rice.
Chicken breast, lemon, rosemary, mayonnaise, wasabi, honey, mustard, flour, eggs, corn flakes, and vegetable oil
- Cut the chicken breasts into strips. Transfer to baking pan and season with salt, pepper, lemon, and rosemary. Cover pan with plastic wrap and set aside.
- Prepare the flour, egg, and cornflake mixtures in three separate bowls. Take one chicken finger at a time and dip in each bowl until you finish all.
- Prepare the vegetable oil in a pan and bring it to a boil. Fry the chicken fingers then drain them on a tray or separate container.
- Prepare three small containers for the mayo dips. Add a considerable amount of mayo in each container and add wasabi in the first one, honey in the second, and mustard in the third.
- Serve the chicken fingers with special mayo dips on the side.
Steamed fish with mayo
Got customers with special dietary requests? Or maybe you have dietary concerns that would make fish your go-to choice for dinners? This steamed fish with mayo will be great to offer for potlucks. While great for a startup food business, this is also a good option for busy people who have no time to cook.
1 piece of fish (your choice), sliced scallions, ginger, mayonnaise, red bell pepper, hard-boiled eggs, carrots, and salt
- Clean the fish then rub salt on all its parts. Add the scallion and ginger inside of the fish.
- To cook, prepare the steamer and let it boil. Place the fish inside and let it steam for about 45 minutes (may be adjusted depending on the fish).
- In a separate bowl, mix the hard-boiled eggs with mayonnaise.
- Once the fish has been steamed, set it aside. Then, spread the mayo mix on it.
- Place the fish inside the refrigerator for three hours.
- Serve on a plate and garnish as needed.
Classic potato salad
If you’re looking for a great side dish that will likely be enjoyed by many, the classic potato salad will be a sure choice. This one might be the quickest to make on the list and surely, you’d be making this for decades here on out.
Before diving into this recipe, take note that since it’s a salad, you can be as experimental as you want with it. As long as it has potatoes and mayonnaise in it, you can whip up your own version by adding and removing ingredients as you go.
Potatoes, carrots, mayonnaise, onion, ground black pepper, white sugar, salt, and water
- Peel the potatoes and carrots then boil in a pot. After boiling, submerge in a bowl with cold water and ice. Cut into cubes.
- In a separate bow, add mayonnaise, chopped onions, ground black pepper, sugar, and salt.
- Cube the carrots and potatoes then add into the bowl. Mix well.
- Place inside the refrigerator for around one hour before serving.
Egg sandwich spread
Best for traveling or as a snack, the egg sandwich spread remains a trendy snack choice, especially now that mukbang or food videos are on the rise. Hop on this trend and attract customers into buying Korean-inspired egg sandwich spreads (Yes, like the ones you see in K-dramas).
Hard-boiled egg, mayonnaise, sugar, salt, and ground black pepper
- In a bowl, prepare the eggs and mash with a fork.
- Add the mayonnaise, sugar, salt, and ground black pepper.
- Fold until all ingredients are perfectly distributed in the mixture.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving. Best served with a slice of bread or any other pastry of your choice.
The common denominator in these recipes is using and maximizing mayonnaise to give that extra twist to dishes we consider as classic Filipino favorites. For food entrepreneurs and home buddies alike, picking the best ingredient is crucial in creating the perfect dish—such as in picking which mayonnaise to use.
And the new Best Foods Mayo Magic may just do the trick. Now made thicker and creamier, it is the first in the market to offer a 1L Sulit Negosyo Pouch. Not only does Best Foods Mayo Magic help you these tasty crowd-pleasers, you also get plenty of bang for your buck.
The Best Foods Mayo Magic can be purchased in leading supermarkets. Create magic in your home or food business!